Instagram is among the most popular social media apps today. It is believed that the credit for creation of Instagram is attributable the credit to Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. The mobile application of Instagram was first launched in 2010.
Kevin Systrom was born in 1983. After he finished his degree in management of science and engineering He began his career as an executive in the field of marketing. Prior to that, he was an intern for Odeo Company (Twitter). He began Instagram as a project was his part-time job. After a while, he resigned from his job and began working all day to create Instagram.
Mike Krieger, born in 1986, was co-founder and the founder of Instagram. Kevin along with Kevin began their relationship at Stanford University, where Mike was studying symbolic systems. While he was a student, Mike developed a very intriguing application that was a photo-sharing application. It was designed to bring everyone joy by sending pictures of the sun in winter.
The Making and Development of Instagram
Kevin was a passionate marketer who was able to develop his coding abilities. After coding to create his app, he came up with Burbn. Users could track their locations through Burbn. In the end, Kevin discussed Burbn with his acquaintances. A lot of them were employed by VC companies; he resigned his job after a meeting with VC firms and raising $500,000. Once this was achieved, Kevin decided to hire and form his team. He recruited Mike Krieger. Kevin decided to make his application stand out in the market, so he chose to target “communication through photos.’ Then, he removed all other features, and opted to focus on photos uploading, comments and people like the app. Kevin and Mike came up with the name ‘Instagram” because they believed it was an instant camera and ‘telegram’ that was working on their photos as well as interacting with others. The usage of Instagram dramatically increased and it soon became one of the top photography apps.
Facebook purchased Instagram
Instagram was a huge hit with nearly 27 million users as of March 2012. The number of users grew even more following that. When the Instagram app was made available for Android at the end of April in 2012 all users were greeted with a warm welcome. Kevin Systrom and Mark Zuckerberg were acquainted with one with each other in addition, Zuckerberg recognized the increasing popularity of Instagram. Kevin and Zuckerberg often discussed Instagram.
After announcing that it would buy Instagram at $1 billion Facebook bought Instagram for $1 billion cash as well as shares. Facebook was able to do this, but also promised that Instagram will be run by an independent company.
The Timeline of Instagram
Instagram was created and quickly was a hit thanks to the filters that edit photos. This set it apart from other social media platforms.
Facebook bought Instagram and the growth in users of Instagram was so high that it reached the mark of 80 million.
To earn money, Facebook launched sponsored posts, which permitted ads to be displayed on the application. The use of sponsored ads for advertising proved to be effective with the increase in users of social media.
In the following days, Instagram went on adding diverse filters according to the requirements of users. It kept pace with its rivals by regularly adding new features and enhancing.
It also utilized various external applications to enhance user experience and offer greater alternatives. The most well-known example of the apps that are externally used on Instagram, is the Boomerang back forward moving burst of photos.
Instagram has beaten the competition with its stories feature and live video feature similar to Snapchat.
The most widely utilized Instagram function is called a reel. This feature plays a video of a brief length just as other applications such as the tik-tok application that was previously available.
How Instagram Stands Out
Instagram is unique from other apps even in the present. The characteristics that made it a favorite with users include –
- Instagram lets people interact with images and videos instead of reading lengthy text messages, which is a common occurrence nowadays.
- It is user-friendly for beginners. the use of Instagram is free to everyone.
- Instagram transforms images from the original, making them more attractive.
- Instagram chose to pursue one goal: uploading images that look amazing instead of pursuing multiple objectives.
- It does not display any pop-ups or have little advertisements.
Impact of Instagram on the People
In the beginning, Instagram had a motto to create photos that were simple and classy. Nowadays, Instagram has over 5 million active users per day. They include users from all kinds of backgrounds from content creators to companies. This is the way Instagram has led to a dramatic shift in different areas.
- Instagram has redefined standards for beauty with users sharing photos that are unfiltered and changing the definition of beauty.
- Instagram has revolutionized our travel habits. It influences our perceptions of places as well as the choices we make when traveling.
- It has led to the latest trends in food as people around the world experiment with dishes from different regions. It also has brought food blogging to the forefront of.
- Instagram is the source of numerous brands. Be it fashion , or any other type of business, Instagram has assisted in their growth.
- Instagram has helped to create influencers. With more and more people becoming familiar with technology making content and sharing ideas is now a trend.